►► Jkno's Imperial Command Center ◄◄

Trucs, astuces & présentation de votre site perso.

Modérateur : Staff MIB

Répondre
jabba29
Original Trilogy Collection

28 déc. 2014 19:51

Love it
Tu cherche un imperial probe droid ? MP moi
vador28100
Vintage
Vintage

28 déc. 2014 20:21

La grande classe bravo :clap:
cherche photos dédicacé /ma collec : http://www2.mintinbox.net/forum/viewtop ... 14&t=18107
jedi56
Clones War
Clones War

29 déc. 2014 14:56

superbe effet :banana3:
jkno

27 août 2015 11:40

Merci!! :drink:

Took some pause but got some cool items in the meantime

A few great Star Wars artbooks that I recently received: "The Making of Star Wars Trilogy", "Star Wars Archives", and "The Visual Dictionary":

Then an old book that I recently re-acquired. I already have it, but mine has a bad shape cover (a guy signing as B. Jones "took care" of it) - I got it like this many years ago for free from a friend together with many items, he bought it on a garage sale for $1.

Anyway decided I need to upgrade it with a brand new book (the old one will be donated) so here it is, a highly recommended book, not just for the cool Star Wars stories by Kevin J. Anderson, but also for the fantastic artwork by talented artists like Ralph McQuarrie, Joe Johnston, Nilo Rodis Jamero and Mike Pangrazio.

I first intended to go for the hardcover version, but knowing the ultimate Ralph McQuarrie book is due to be published in 2016, I finally decided to save the extra money for that, and go for the softcover in this case (the old one was also softcover).

The last Star Wars art book for now: Star Wars Storyboards - Original Trilogy. A beautiful big hardcover book (350 pages), with superb concept drawings of the 3 classic movies, presented in various styles depending on the talented artist involved in drawing them.

I love some of the early concept drawings, where Lucas didn't have the full story yet, and we have Luke as a girl, Bespin cloud city as Alderaan, and 3 Star Destroyers following the Rebel Blockade Runner, and even one Imperial ship being destroyed in that battle etc. A must have book for any SW fan.

And a fantastic non Star Wars book - "Terminator Vault", which has various prop replicas inside it:

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
My Collection
vador28100
Vintage
Vintage

27 août 2015 11:58

Tres classe comme artbook que j'ai deja dans ma collection , bravo :clap: :love: :clap:
cherche photos dédicacé /ma collec : http://www2.mintinbox.net/forum/viewtop ... 14&t=18107
es59
POTF2 Red Card
POTF2 Red Card

27 août 2015 12:04

Fantastics Artbooks... :clap: jkno ...
jkno

27 août 2015 12:08

Merci beaucoup!! :drink:

And now some props. As you know I'm a prop collector. But I am looking for the most accurate props out there, the ones that are the closest to the screen used ones. And these are not the licensed props, but props made by professionals, props that are so rare and scarce you only see them for sale on special sites and sometimes they don't show up for years.

I finally got an original and mint full metal MGC (Model Gun Corporation - Japan) Stormtrooper blaster, and it is one of the best conversions I've seen. These are the E-11 blasters used by Stormtroopers in ROTJ (together with Pugman resin versions). True prop collectors know how rare these things are, especially good conversions. And the MGC itself is made in Japan

The Stormtrooper blaster comes with:

• Aluminum scope rail
• Accurate Weaver Scope Ring
• Aluminum Scope with separate glass lens (from Boba Debt's last run)
• Aluminum Barrel Rails
• Accurate Mr. Sparkle Hammer Greeblies
• Real RO72 Sight
• Lightly weathered

And it also came with the original MGC cardboard box from the 80's, which is insanely cool. Now to make some plaques and a cool metal stand.

And both versions of the Imperial Code Cylinders (original Radiation Dosimeters - these are not copies or replicas) used in Star Wars by the Imperial officers. The blue cap version used by Grand Moff Tarkin, Cmdr. Praji and other officers, and the non-blue cap (the rarest one) used by Chief Bast and General Tagge. Finally I have 2 of each type - in fact I have 3 blue caps (maybe I'll sell my extra some day) and 2 others.

In the 1960’s a company by the name of RA Stephen & Company Ltd, England, UK, made Radiation Dosimeters, that would end up being the props used in Star Wars for the Imperial Officers. The ones used in Star Wars are called direct reading pocket ionization dosimeters. They were typically the size and shape of a fountain pin at that time.

Each dosimeter contains a small ionization chamber (approximately two milliliters). Inside each chamber is a central wire anode. Attached to the anode is a metal coated quartz fiber. These units "pffffffuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit !" be positively charged so that the quartz fiber is attracted to the anode. When the unit encounters radiation, ionization occurs inside the chamber producing electrons.

These electrons are attracted to a positively charged anode, which reduces the net positive charge, allowing the quartz fiber to return to it’s original position. This movement "pffffffuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit !" be calculated and is directly proportional to the amount of ionization (radiation).

My Collection
vador28100
Vintage
Vintage

27 août 2015 12:17

Very nice :clap:
Roba Fett 76
Vintage
Vintage

27 août 2015 12:34

Congrats for these excellent artbooks and blaster my friend ! :clap:

:drink:
Bah...ça vous étonne Roba Fett 76 qui mange un sveltess ???
Dark Elzian
POTF2 Red Card
POTF2 Red Card

27 août 2015 16:54

vador28100 a écrit :Very nice :clap:
+1 :clap:
La Vie Est Un Rêve Dont La Mort Nous Réveille...
jkno

07 sept. 2015 17:24

Merci! :drink:

One of my 3 exceptions to the Original Trilogy Imperials only rule of collecting - Luke Skywalker ANH lightsaber out of a real Graflex:

Original Graflex 3-Cell Flashgun
Genuine Exactra 20 bubbles
Roy t-tracks & D-ring assembly
Custom stand & metal plaque

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyY1R14ORJ0

My Collection
Dark Elzian
POTF2 Red Card
POTF2 Red Card

07 sept. 2015 18:14

Congrats :super:
La Vie Est Un Rêve Dont La Mort Nous Réveille...
vador28100
Vintage
Vintage

07 sept. 2015 19:25

Dark Elzian a écrit :Congrats :super:
+1 :clap: :love:
Roba Fett 76
Vintage
Vintage

07 sept. 2015 19:28

Great update, congrats my friend ! :clap: :drink:
Bah...ça vous étonne Roba Fett 76 qui mange un sveltess ???
jkno

14 nov. 2015 9:24

My thoughts, condolences, and sympathies are with you during this sad times. I wish safety to everyone there! :(

My Collection
Répondre

Revenir à « Site perso et collections »